Opportunities for learners to:
- (Co)-construct meaning in real-life tasks
- engage in communicative activities
- develop language skills and strategies
What are the goals of project work?
- Prioritize content; mirror real life
- Make students active social agents
- Create opportunities for students to share ideas, resources and expertise
- Integrate diverse skills
- Design with end product
- Make it motivating, stimulating, empowering and challenging.
Stoller, F. (2002). Project Work: A Means to Promote Language and Content. In Jack, C. Richards & Willy, A. Renandya (Eds.) Methodology in Language Teaching: an anthology of Current Practice (pp. 107-120). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
How does project work integrate into the curriculum?
- projects encourage students to take ownership of English
- clearly defined stages of the project work correspond to classroom learning
- assessment criteria aligned with curricular needs
- projects allow for an integrated skills approach